Friday, May 10, 2013

Back at It Again!

I'm back!  I'm finally back into the swing of things again, and I'm making progress.  I've been working out steadily for the past few months, but I wasn't really focused much on what I was eating.  I know, from my my history, that simply working out just isn't enough for me.  I did see some minimal results from lifting weights for an hour three times per week.

Three weeks ago, however, I came across Dr. Ian K. Smith's book SHRED Revolutionary Diet.  What intrigued me about the SHRED meal plan is that its principles are very similar to a bodybuilder's diet in that it requires you to eat very small meals very frequently throughout the day.  From being a competitive bodybuilder, I was cool with planning meals and eating every 2.5 hours or so.  The SHRED, however, suggests that you eat every 1.5 hours.  This was fine, but what I really like about the SHRED is the variety of foods you can eat.  It allows  you to eat CHOCOLATE!  I'm hooked!

So far, I've lost four pounds, and I have three more weeks to go.  When I'm finished, I can choose to start the six-week cycle over or just take some of the principles and apply them.  I love that this diet teaches you how to eat what you like but in the right way.  I can certainly live with this.

What has been difficult is that during this first six-week cycle, the plan requires you to do cardio only.  Everyone who knows me knows I HATE cardio and LOVE lifting weights.  So, I have had to find a compromise.  I have chosen cardio machines that allow me to crank up the resistance like the stair climber, row machine, and this really cool cross country ski machine thingy I found.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Happy healthing!

No comments:

Post a Comment